Links to Related Sites
Don't forget to bookmark Dr. Rick Online!
- The American Chiropractic Organization: www.ACAToday.org
- Includes a nationwide directory of member chiropractors
- American Massage Therapy Association: www.amtamassage.org
- Includes a nationwide directory of massage therapists
- ChiroWeb: www.chiroweb.com
- Includes a nationwide directory of chiropractors
- American Medical Athletic Association: www.americanrunning.org.
- Includes a nationwide directory of DC's, MD's, DO's, and ATC's that specialize in treating running injuries.
- InjuryResources.com: www.injuryresources.com
- A national group of chiropractors specializing in treatment of injuries, particularly motor vehicle collisions.
- The International Chiropractic Association: www.chiropractic.org
- Includes a nationwide directory of chiropractors in the ICA.
- Chiropractic Biophysics: www.idealspine.com
- A national group of chiropractors specializing in Chiropractic Biophysics (CBP).
- Pettibon Institute: http://www.pettiboninstitute.org
- Spinal rehabilitation procedures by Burl Pettibon, DC which Dr. Allen uses to correct spinal curves.
- Pro-Sport Chiropractic: www.prosport.com
- A national group of chiropractors specializing in sports.
- Healthline.com: www.healthline.com
- a wealth of information on just about any health topic imaginable
Health Related sitesTop | Bottom
- 3-D model of the cranial bones of the skull: http://www.csuchico.edu/tlp/info/projects/skull/
- Courtesy of the California State University - Chico
- Backpack Safety America: http://www.backpacksafe.com/
- Dr. Allen is part of their national program
- Center for Conservative Therapy: www.healthpromoting.com
- Penngrove, CA - Specializing regaining health naturally through fasting.
- Colonzone.org www.Colonzone.org
- Discusses the benefits of colon cleansing
- Female Health Issues: femalehealthissues.co.uk/
- Information on female health issues, based in the UK, but universal information.
- Kay Fields Acupuncture: www.KayFields.com
- Acupuncture and Herbal Health
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman: www.drfuhrman.com
- Bellemeade, NJ - Specializing in regaining health naturally through fasting
- Links to Fitness, Nutrition, and Lifestyle Calculators: http://www.morningsiderecovery.com/educational-resources/fitness-nutrition-and-lifestyle-calculators-for-positive-mental-health/
- provided by Morningside Recovery as a resource for you to take control of your own health.
- Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Association: www.tinnitus-audiology.com
- Have a hearing problem -- ringing in the ears or abnormally sensitive to sounds? Contact the Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Association. Dr. Allen works with them.
- Oregon Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Neurological Disorders at OHSU: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/centers-institutes/neurology/orccamind/
- Spine-Health.com: www.spine-health.com
- Written by a multi-specialty group of health professionals to provide information to help people understand, prevent and seek appropriate treatment for their back and neck pain and related conditions.
- University of Western States (formerly Western States Chiropractic College): www.uws.edu
- Dr. Allen is a 1989 cum laude graduate.
- Bastyr Naturopathic College: www.bastyr.edu
- Located in Bothell, Washington.
- Chiropractic Biophysics: www.idealspine.com
- The science of correcting spinal posture. They have an excellent list of answers to FAQs about chiropractic under CBP "Technique."
Nutrition and Environmental sitesTop | Bottom
- Earth Save environmental group: www.earthsave.org
- Vegetarian Information Source: www.vegsource.com
- Information on Horward Lyman, the "Mad Cowboy": www.MadCowboy.com
- Living Foods.com: www.living-foods.com
- info on the healing effects of a raw foods diet
- American Natural Hygiene Society: www.healthscience.org
- Better Life Institute: www.blionline.com
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: www.pcrm.org
- CycleOregon: www.cycleoregon.com
- A site dedicated to the annual bicycling event
- Bicycle Wheels: www.bicyclewheels.com
- Jack Young – Dr. Rick's bicycle specialist
- Gecko Triathlete Club: www.geckotriclub.com
- A local Portland triathlete club - great for training tips and group training
- Erofit.com: www.erofit.com
- Athletic training and personal coaching by Judy Heller.
- US Swimming: www.usa-swimming.org
Repetitive Strain Injury sitesTop | Bottom
- RSI-Center.Com: www.rsi-centrum.nl
- RSI-Center.Com is the site of the Dutch Repetitive Strain Injury-Center with Online tests, RSI links, shop, RSI-Search engine and more
- A Repetitive Stress Injury information page: http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html
- Sports Touch: www.sportstouch.com
- Sponsored by Kate Montgomery, LMT. Contains Repetitive Stress Injury info
Wellness ProductsTop | Bottom
- Balance Systems, Inc.: www.repetitive-strain.com
- Info on Flextend gloves to balance muscle groups to prevent and treat carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Barefoot Science: www.barefootscience.net
- Orthotics that work well for plantar fasciitis
- Fitter1: www.fitter1.com/
- Great source for rocker boards, balance equipment and peak athletic performance aids. Toll Free: 1-800-fitter1. (1-800-348-8371)
- Harris Work Systems: www.harrisworksystems.com
- Sells ergonomically correct furniture in Portland, OR. Dr. Allen personally uses and recommends their products.
- One Step Forward: www.onestepforward.itctv.com
- Dance Boots and Shoes from Evenin' Star Footwear
10024 - 42nd St. Ct. N.W., Gig Harbor, WA. 98335
1-800-484-9789 pin 1440
Local Number: 253-265-2661
- NF Formulas: www.nfformulas.com
- NF Formulas, Wilsonville, OR - manufactures high quality herbal supplements - phone 503/682-9755 or 1-800-547-4891.
- Foot Levelers: www.footlevelers.com
- Info on Foot Levelers shoe inserts.
- Cobbler Bill's Shoes:
- Phone: 503/774-9944
5839 SE 82nd Ave
Portland OR 97266
Custom fitting of shoes.
Oregon & Washington sites
Dr. Rick Allen is a chiropractor, massage therapist and dance student who is located in Trout Lake Washington. Dr. Rick welcomes your questions and suggestions for future articles. However, he cannot make specific diagnoses or treatment recommendations unless you visit him in person. He can be reached by phone at 509-395-0024 in Trout Lake email or on the World Wide Web: www.CascadeWellnessClinic.com
DISCLAIMER: The information included in this website is meant to encourage thinking concerning choices of care for and insight pertaining to possible causes of various problems. It is not a prescription for or diagnosis of any disease or condition. Suggestions are based on the assumption by the writer that a thorough examination was done previously and the reader is under care by a healthcare professional. This information is not a substitute for a live doctor.
© Dr. Rick Allen
Cascade Wellness Clinic