Dr. Rick's Health Tips Archives
- Cold and Flu Prevention / Treatment Tips
- Tip to Prevent Sprained Ankles
- Applying Your Sense of Balance
- Improving Your Sense of Balance
- Assessing Your Sense of Balance
- Don't Let Those Trigger Points Build Up
- Have you checked your posture yet?
- Avoid Making a Whiplash Worse
- Wonder what your posture looks like?
- Stress Relief Strategies for Challenging Times:
Three Strategies to Help You Make the Most of Every Situation
- Don't Slouch!
- Vasyli "Slimfit" Orthotic
- Seven Keys to a Good Western Boot
- Five Keys to a Good Latin Dance Shoe
- Five Keys to Lady's Ballroom Dancing Shoes.
- Remember to wear good, supportive shoes when dancing.
- Be Careful on the Dance Floor
- Check for Excessive Pronation ("Flat Feet")
- Top Five Reasons Why Exercise is Important Over the Winter
- 5 Steps to Healthier, Happier Holidays
- Sports Helmet Safety: Wear a Lid--Save a Kid (or a Dancer)
- Do all you can to prevent painful arthritis
- Avoid torqueing your partner's shoulders!
- Stretch those Scalenes
- Build Strong Bones Now
- We Need to Laugh More!
- Backpack Safety Now Pays Lifelong Dividends:
Improper Use of Backpacks Leads to Chronic Back Pain
- Good Dancing Posture and Biomechanics
- Take a Break and Sit Up Tall
- Get Your Spine Checked for the Vertebral Subluxation Complex
- Top 5 Excuses for Not Excercising in Cold Weather (and why they don't work...)
- The Skinny on Fats
- Your genes versus your jeans: Are you destined to be fat?
- Sensible Snacking
- Herb Caution
- Exercise: The Best "Drug" in the World
- Drink Lots of Water
- Helping Sore Muscles Recover Naturally
- Minimizing Sore Muscles
Dr. Rick Allen is a chiropractor, massage therapist and dance student in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Rick welcomes your questions and suggestions for future articles. However, he cannot make specific diagnoses or treatment recommendations unless you visit him in person. He can be reached by phone at 503-257-1324 in Portland, 509-395-0024 in Trout Lake, or toll free at 1-888-247-3248, email or on the World Wide Web: www.CascadeWellnessClinic.com
DISCLAIMER: The information included in this website is meant to encourage thinking concerning choices of care for and insight pertaining to possible causes of various problems. It is not a prescription for or diagnosis of any disease or condition. Suggestions are based on the assumption by the writer that a thorough examination was done previously and the reader is under care by a healthcare professional. This information is not a substitute for a live doctor.
© Dr. Rick Allen
Cascade Wellness Clinic